Sunday, January 24, 2010

Craft Organization: Ribbon

Posted by Head Fly at 5:59 PM

My craft/sewing space is in dire need of some serious organization.  I will partly blame my disorganization on the fact that my craft/sewing room is also the office, so I can't have it set up exactly how I would like.  The other part I will blame on myself.  I get so excited about a new project and just have to get it finished; therefore, I don't clean up as I go and that just leads to utter chaos with all of my fabric, thread, ribbon, scissors, patterns all over the place........you get the picture......not pretty.

So I thought I would do a few posts on craft organization.  I am trying to get better about keeping everything in its place and it is much easier to do so when you have a proper organizational system.

Multiple Pant Hanger

This is what I did - I used a multiple pant hanger to organize all of my ribbon!  I saw this idea many years ago - it may have been in Real Simple Magazine (oh, how I LOVE Real Simple), but I'm not exactly sure.  This is such an effective way to store all of that pretty ribbon that you use to embellish your craft/sewing projects (or you could use it for wrapping ribbon as well).

Yes, you could go out and buy one of those fancy "ribbon organizers" that they sell in the stores, but this is much more affordable and just as effective.  I got this one from The Container Store, but I'm sure Target or Walmart has them as well.


Just slide each spool of ribbon onto each one of the pant hangers.  You can color coordinate it or put like-types of ribbon together.  You can hang this in a closet or just hang it from a hook in your craft room (if you are lucky enough to have a space specially dedicated to crafting).


Then when you need to use some ribbon, you can clearly see all of your options and choices - just pull it off the spool and cut.  I think being able to see all of the pretty things you own helps breed creativity and makes creating that much more fun!

Happy Organizing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review