Thursday, April 19, 2012

Faucets

Posted by Head Fly at 5:33 AM

I had the loveliest day on Wednesday. My Mom and I went out for a day of researching faucets, sinks and accessories for my kitchen renovation. It was rather a nice excursion as there was no pressure to make a decision -just a chance to just get a feeling for what was out there, pricing, and what I really wanted for our house. Here are my favourite items we found for faucets...

Photo 1: I loved the classic look of this faucet set. An associate approached me and in conversation she pointed out that with this faucet set, I'd have to be ok with the 2 handles- figuring out hot & cold compared to a lever where it's pretty easy to just turn on and off. She was right. I'm not a 2 handle girl. I knew I needed a lever. So this one, was instantly out even though I had fallen for the look. But isn't it lovely? Found at Gingers.

Photo 2: Love at first sight. This faucet costs more than our mortgage payment. I'm kind of kidding on that, but not really. Function wise it has a pull out function which I need, and style wise it falls into my love of a traditional kitchen. Sadly the cost I think is too prohibitive. Found at Taps

Photo 3: I think we may go for this one, or a tap very similar. I loved the function of this faucet. It was really easy to use the pull out, and move it around the sink. Since we'll have a large sink (we've decided on 1 basin) it's important to have a faucet that can easily get to every part of the sink when washing pots and pans. This one fits the bill.  I think that this one is the most logical for a family and it is very stylish. Found at Taps

My difficulty is that my taste is normally *very*traditional (like #2) so I'm a bit surprised at the fact that I do like the modern style of #3.  Decisions, decisions.

1 comments:

Eston said...

These sleek stainless undermount kitchen sink sit slightly below the surface of the countertop, making it convenient for you to easily wipe away spills and crumbs. Great looking with granite, quartz or marble.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review