Friday, September 10, 2010

A Proud Wife

Posted by Head Fly at 6:40 AM

As I have mentioned before, my husband is a home-brewer and makes his own beer and wine.  I shouldn't say he is just a home-brewer, but an award-winning home-brewer.  He is as passionate about home-brewing as I am about sewing (which is saying a lot).

This past year, Brett (The Cottage Papa) won "Best in Show" with one of his home-brews at a very large brewing competition.  Part of his prize package was the opportunity to brew his beer on the big, giant brewing system up at The Rock Bottom Brewery in Milwaukee, WI.  And for a home-brewer this is super-exciting business!



So the Friday before Labor Day, we took an hour and a half journey up to Rock Bottom to taste The Cottage Papa's beer that he had brewed on their larger, commercial system several weeks prior.  His beer is called "Hop Noir" and it is an Imperial American Brown. 



We sort of felt like celebrities with all the compliments and the first-class treatment we received.  The Cottage Papa works very hard at his craft, so it was so nice to see him get the credit that he SO deserves.



The Cottage Papa works for an advertising agency as a writer.  His company designed this super-chic graphic/logo for the Hop Noir that you can see above on the tap handle.  I love it - I think I might need a t-shirt or something.


I am so proud of The Cottage Papa for many things, but this was just my little opportunity to share with you a little more about him.  I think it's so, so important for each person in a relationship and family to maintain their own identity and have something they can call their own.  I love that we both have our hobbies and can come together in talking so passionately about them.


The Cottage Papa is everything I could have ever hoped for in a husband and father and I honestly could not ask for more - I am one proud wife (as if you couldn't tell).  I love you, Brett - so happy and blessed that you chose me as your partner through this journey of life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review