Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Curb Appeal

Posted by Head Fly at 5:52 AM
When Aubrey and I were first married, we used to take evening walks and admire houses in our neighbourhood and talk about one day owning our own. It was my first introduction to my love of curb appeal and also my first introduction to how powerful landscaping is, in presenting an image of a home. As aspiring homeowners, we were being sold before even walking into a house.

Even though we now own a home, I still love walking and admiring what other people have done to their front gardens. In my neighbourhood, this one is one of my favourites front gardens for it's amazing use of Serviceberry trees with metal hedging.

I think the reason why front landscaping is usually neglected (at least in our case) is that it is quite expensive. As we still save up for new windows, a rug, a kitchen, a bathroom - the list goes on, sadly the front is usually the last. But we continue to save ideas, as you never know when that day will come! Until then, I will continue to snap photos of my neighbours houses. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review