Friday, August 17, 2012

august fairs and modest loot shoots

Posted by Head Fly at 10:00 AM



August is a strange season for fairs here: sparkling dawns in sleepy towns; many people away on holiday; the pace slows down, and if you want to come home with some treasure you are forced to slow down to spot the good things.



But yeserday I still managed to bring home a few goodies, that I combined with last Sunday's haul.  You can see from the terrace where I paused for a café and a croissant, that it wasn't exactly buzzing!!





but once I got home and spread everything out, I was particularly pleased with.....




a beautifully painted tambourine , I am thinking it comes from the South of France






a particularly fine quality old nightshirt, with a lovely red monogram....





the sweetest tea service, from my favourite manufacturer Sarreguemines.....





a birdcage with some other odds and sundries, like the old laundry basket and coat hooks



























and I rather like this huge bobbin of linen thread




I hope that you are enjoying my August giveaways, and that your summer is also feeling lazy and slowed down.  Thank you for stopping by ...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review