Monday, August 13, 2012

Needing some advice ....

Posted by Head Fly at 11:00 AM



I admit to being a litte nervous about today's post, please bear with me and read down to the end .... I have an idea, but I need your opinion please ....


As a blogger I am in a very privileged position.  I am continually amazed by the number of people who stop by here each day, and who send me  emails saying they enjoy the blog.

Thank you all!

Writing the blog each day, keeping up with emails and the activities that have grown from the blog, is very time-consuming,  but I love it. 

 I have been looking for ways to say thank you for that.  That is why today I'm thinking about taking it one step further, for my blog and your readership to add up to something.

So I have been thinking about supporting a charity here on the blog;
a sort of My French Country Home Gives Back!




But of course, although  I know that you and I share the same values, presenting an idea like this is fraught with complications. 


A project like this would give us an opportunity to work side by side towards a shared goal.   Obviously,  not everyone would want to donate here, and that is fine.  But just look at the figures:  at the time of writing I am fortunate to have several thousand people stopping by to read me each day.   If on just one day , each visitor gave 1 dollar, or 1 euro, or 1 yen, or even 10 dollars or euros .... just imagine ..... I don't have to do the maths for you, you can see how exciting this could be.

I'm aware that, like myself, many of you may have experience in raising money for charity, and I'd love to hear what you think.  I'm really interested in the idea, and I'm prepared to put in the time required to make it a success.  But if it's not a good idea after all, then I'll also listen!

If I run with the project then I'd select a company such as Network for Good, an on-line giving site that comes highly  recommended.     They would handle any donations directly and pass them over to the chosen charity. I could support one charity alone, or even rotate every couple of months ... there are many possibilities.

So, I ask you kindly, to give me your opinion please.  I'm all ears, and I'd love to know what you think.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review