Tuesday, August 7, 2012

decorating teenage bedrooms and watchings kids create

Posted by Head Fly at 3:40 PM



There are few things I find as mesmerising as watching someone paint or draw, and when that person is a child, then I think I love it even more.



This week, one of the tasks on the agenda was renovating my teenage son's bedroom.  That delicate moment , at 15 years old, when he is ready to leave behind his child's room and assume a style that says ME!









What to put on the walls came under discussion, and I mentioned how much I liked his charcoal portraits he had done at school last term.  We found a couple of black frames, liked the way they looked, and from there he decided to draw  a few more.









I left him in peace, and by the end of an afternoon, we found ourselves with a little portrait gallery.  I love it!





This would work very well with any children's (or adult's!) drawings.  What brings it together is the uniform style, and the simple frames.


Its like most of the stuff I show here.  No bling bling, just a simple idea, put together  with care.




Tomorrow I bring you the second giveaway of the month, so don't forget to stop by and try your luck!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review