Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Beginning of Summer at The Cottage Home

Posted by Head Fly at 5:23 PM
I love my home, I really do, but I'm not going to lie...........I can't say I don't long for a garage, an eat-in-kitchen or a laundry room that wasn't in, what I call, the dungeon.  But would I trade The Cottage Home, with all its history and charm, for any of those things?  NO WAY!!

Today my husband, Brett, was home and we spent this late afternoon outside planting our vegetable garden and taking in the beauty that surrounds us.  And wow, I feel more blessed than ever to be the proud owners of this 1930's cottage!

Here's a little tour around The Cottage garden.........

Strawberries

Getting ready to plant our vegetable garden.


We have had our apple trees for 3-4 years and this is the first year we have apples!!

My hubby brews beer (I've mentioned that, right?)......anyway, here is one of his many hop plants that he grows to use in his homebrew.  It's growing on our coach house.


Pretty flowers in the window boxes on the porch.




The very beginning to our wine grapes - we make our own wine too!

Pink peony - I love this flower!

The chives have gone wild!


More pretty flowers.

And finally.........The Cottage Home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review