Sunday, May 2, 2010

Week 1: What's for Dinner?

Posted by Head Fly at 5:54 PM

I've decided to start a new series here at The Cottage Home and it's called, What's for dinner?  I'm sure many of you ask yourselves this question every day and if you're not asking that question, I bet someone in your family is (i.e. hubby or the kids).

I thought I would help out by doing some of the planning for you.  I have planned out four weeknight meals and one take-out meal for the week.  Click on the title of the recipe and that will link you to my recipe.  These are all The Cottage Home recipes, so I know they are good and can guarantee (unless you stray from the recipe) tasty results!!

So here we go............
Week 1

Monday: The Big Rig Baked Pasta

This is a great dish that can easily be made earlier in the day and simply baked in the oven right before dinner.  Serve with garlic bread and a simple salad.  Also makes great leftovers!

Tuesday: Creamy Chicken Chowder

This yummy soup is made in your crock-pot, so just put all the ingredients together, set on low and forget about it!

Wednesday:  Jamaican Jerk Pork Chops

Another easy crock-pot meal with a side of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - full of great flavor.

Thursday:  Garlic Shrimp Scampi

I get hungry just looking at these delicious shrimp.  If you don't like seafood, try substituting some chicken breasts, cut up into 1-inch cubes for the shrimp.

Friday:  Take Out Night!
Tonight order in from your favorite Thai restaurant.  Never tried Thai food before?  Oh, you must!!  If you are new to Thai, I would recommend starting off slowly.......order some Chicken Pad Thai, Yellow Beef Curry, Basil Fried Rice and an order of Fresh or Fried Spring Rolls (depends on if you are feeling healthy tonight). Enjoy!

I hope "What's for Dinner?" helps you out with some of your weekly meal planning.  Let me know what you think - you know I love hearing from you!

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review