Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ohhh, A Leaf Hog. :)

Posted by Head Fly at 12:08 PM
Ok, let me put aside the pretty fabrics, the Christmas Decor, the cute baby, and tell you about my newest gadget.
Black and Decker

If you've been reading our blog for awhile you may have picked up that I love gadgets. Steamers, Vacuums, and now, I heart my leaf blower. Prior to owning a house, I'm not totally sure I'd ever say I would say that. Owning a house kind of does something to you.

Since we've planted a lot in our backyard, getting the leaves out from behind the branchy plants was awful, and I was breaking the poor plants branches. And I got it in my head that I needed a leaf blower. After seeing a neighbour look so happy with his (cue the angel music shining down on him as he was playing with his leaf blower) I decided, I too, should have one. I told Aubrey that we could use it at the cottage, so it had longevity. (Sales pitch!) We settled on the Black & Decker model - The Leaf Hog. (love the name, and it even has a mean looking animal on the side to make you feel even more powerful)

Not only is it a Blower - it's a vacuum. AS IF. So blow them all into a pile, and vacuum them up into the bag they give you. And, as you vacuum up the leaves, it mulches it as it goes into the bag. The box says that what you can normally get into 1 brown leaf bag - you can get up to 18 traditional bags of leaves into (because it mulches it). So, was it worth it? For $100 yes. Love it. Is it a necessity? No.  I freely admit this is a toy, but a fun one.

Read more about the Black & Decker - LeafHog 12 Amp High Performance 240 mph Blower/Vacuum here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review