Thursday, November 25, 2010

One of a Kind Show

Posted by Head Fly at 7:03 PM
I went to the One of a Kind Show with Oscar and my Mom this afternoon. It's a tradition to go. Do I buy a lot at the show? Not usually. I'm one of those people that likes to take a business card, and when things are calmer, go to their online store and purchase. Here are my favourite finds. And, awesome news - most have Etsy shops. (i heart etsy). Surprisingly, however, a number of booths I DID talk to didn't sell online which I think is a bit of a shame, especially when Etsy is so perfect for artists.

1

Above is the booth of Felt Factory, one of the new booths in the Rising Stars section. I was absolutely mesmerized by the craftmanship of these sweet felt animal heads. Aren't they hilarious. But also, quite a piece of artwork. And the most reasonably priced piece at the show considering their quality. (Around $60) I so wanted to get one for Oscar's room, but the Holidays are coming up so we're watching our pennies

2
Clockwise from Top Left:  (1) Becca Wallace Photography (has an etsy shop here, but is closed while she is at the show) had he neatest robot prints, perfect for a playroom or nursery.   (2) Charlene Serdan Photography so sweet & perfect for a nursery (3)The little red riding hood sculptures, and there were some bookends by the vedor Gosia (website here) So delicate and perfect.  (4) Avril Loreti moustache handkerchiefs - Etsy Shop here

So glad that these people have shops for you to browse if you can't make it to the show. :) And if you did go, I hope you had a great time!

Ps., Also, I asked each Artisan for their permission befor taking photos and I told them I was going to be blogging about it. All were very kind in letting me snap photos!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review