Monday, December 6, 2010

Candy Cane Bark

Posted by Head Fly at 1:05 PM
Every year it is a traditon for my Sister and I to make Candy Cane Bark together, and my little brother is likely getting in on the fun too this year now that he is home from University. We hand it out to neighbours, friends, and oh - our tummys get filled with it too. Since the photos from last year were pretty fab, I thought I'd recycle a post from last year to show you what we're making this week.
Step 1: Get Candy Canes. :) I prefer the red + white ones. :)

candycane

Step 2: Buy White Chocolate. I started with white chippits from the Bulk store (Bulk Barn in Canada) However, do read on, as I wouldn't recommend them.
candycane2

Step 3: Buy Pepermint Flavouring
candycane3

Step 4: Put the candy canes in a zip lock back and go to town! :)
candycane4

Step 5: Double Broil the Chocolate - I do this for the best consistency (no burning of the chocolate) However, the white chippits, although they look like they are melting, didn't work so well. It turned out like cookie dough batter, and was giving me a panick attack!
candycane5

Step 6: Mom saves the day. My Mom ran out and go us Baker's white chocolate while I manned the kitchen. They worked PERFECTLY.
candycane6

Step 7: Melting a sucsess! It was MUCH runnier and a whole lot better. :) I pour in a little peppermint flavouring at this stage, just to make it that much more flavourful. Add per your taste. :)

candycane7

Step 8: Spread the melted chocolate on parchment paper and then sprinkle candy canes on the still warm chocolate. Put in fridge and let cool. I suggest 15-20 minutes.
candycane8

Step 9: When cooled, break apart candy cane and place in bags!
candycane9

I'll post an update to how we package them this year, as it will be different than the celophane bags. :) Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review