Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mommy Week - DIY Advent for Children

Posted by Head Fly at 11:19 AM
One thing that has been so special for me this Holiday Season is knowing that I get to relive the magic of Christmas through Oscar. The feeling of going to bed Christmas Eve, knowing Santa was somewhere out there. The Christmas music, the Christmas treats. :) As we pass down amazing traditions to him, I look forward to also starting our own. I saw this post over at House & Home by Morgan Mitchener titled "25 Days of Christmas" and she talks about her colleague Kai Ethier's project.

This is going in my "to-do" project list. I adore it so much!

"Instead of an advent calendar with sweets, Kai filled 25 little bags with ornaments that she already had at home. The Christmas tree went up on December 1st, and every day her little guy opens a bag and hangs an ornie on the tree. I love this idea — it’s so simple and such a fun tradition to start. You could hang or place the little bags around the mantle or simply pile them in a pretty basket, and even adorn them with numbers from 1 to 25. All you need are the little bags, which are easy to find at craft stores." See Post Here

Photo Kai Ethier for House & Home Magazine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review