Sunday, October 7, 2012

an autumn loot shoot

Posted by Head Fly at 11:41 AM


There is a sense of urgency in the air as we head towards the end of the brocante fair season.  Fairs start earlier in the morning, even if it is dark and cold, and we all know that we soon won't be seeing the same familiar faces on Sunday mornings, scattered over the village squares, and country lanes of Normandy.



























So this morning I headed off early with two friends and the morning saw us buying at two different fairs.

Here is some of what I brought back: my personal favourites are the silver plate egg cup set, (which I think would look lovely with roses as a table centre, but then you know me, I'll put flowers into anything)  ...


















 Some wonderful old ribbon reels in gorgeous complimentary colours.   Some grosgrain, some plain ...





 a handful of excellent dinner knives to be restored, and a stunning handmade copper saucepan ....





Two very sweet 'vide-poches', pocket emptyers, made of fine china with a latticework edging .........











and a rather splendid mannequin, that was happy to line up beside another that I found during the week; (just looking at that waistline makes me feel faint!)  ...........




and some beautiful lids to tureens.  I'll be offering these for sale as a set, they would look charming hung on a wall in the same way that plates can be hung.  The bonus to hanging lids is the extra detail in the handles!




Thank you to everyone who has emailed me for information about coming here to buy brocante next year, you will be receiving replies tomorrow - promise!

Also thank you to the kind readers who have asked about the on-line store.  The summer months simply haven't been the best time to list, and sell and pack and post.   But now that things are quietening down  here,  I'll be listing a load of goodies for you to pick from.

In the meantime yo are very welcome to email me directly, if you wish to enquire about purchasing anything you have seen.

Thank you for reading me, you really are the best bunch of bloggers!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review