Monday, October 8, 2012

paris in the rain - drinking hot chocolate

Posted by Head Fly at 10:57 PM



 It is tipping down with rain as I write and I find myself longing for a romantic rainy day in Paris.

 Paris in the rain makes me feel comforted and lazy and warm ...

above all, paris in the rain makes me long to drink hot chocolate .....



I adore hot chocolate -  this is not a state secret -  it is my drink when out at early morning fairs, or in front of a fire in the afternoon, a drink that unites, that comforts, that smooths out rough edges





To make a very special, very French hot chocolate, you have to forget about
 hot chocolate in powder form.  You need the REAL THING





 Here is how I make it for those special afternoons.  Warm a pint of milk slowly in a pan, then break about 100 grammes (half a large bar) of good quality dark chocolate into the warm milk and stir carefully until all the chocolate is melted.  Now add some thick cream and keep stirring, then sugar to taste.  Here you can take a whisk and give some froth and softness to your warm perfection.

Pour into individual cups or bowls, add a little chantilly, or whipped cream to the top if you wish , and sprinkle with cocoa powder and some finely grated chocolate.

Some people favour a little cinnamon in the warm chocolate mix, I personally prefer it simple.




To be sipped slowly, in front of a roaring fire, preferably accompanied by a little brioche bought as you rushed out in the rain to the bakers on the corner of your rainy paris street.

How we love the autumn!





Not my pictures I'm afraid, I was too busy drinking the stuff to shoot it properly!
All images with thanks to Google.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review