Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Look who is joining us for dinner

Posted by Head Fly at 5:48 AM
As part of the Dining Room Makeover, I mentioned that I felt as though one of the biggest things we could do to update the room was switch out the chairs that matched the dining room table (see a photo of them in this photo). Things sold in sets (bedroom furniture sets are a perfect example) rarely look right to me.  So, I did a roundup of favourite dining chairs that I loved. Well, I really just loved one and we felt it was the perfect chair for us. Which one did we go with? My all time favourite, Mia.

134

The lines, and detailing remind me of our Master Bedroom bed, Colette, that I loved, and still love. The slight curve to the top, the nail head detailing. And we'll likely go with a fabric similar - a linen look. Here are some swatches of fabrics that give you an idea to my direction.

085

I got a tour of the Silva factory while there, to see how everything is constructed and hear about the history of this great Canadian Manufacturer. I'll post those later, as it deserves its own post. But for now, I couldn't resist showing you who is joining us for dinner. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review