Thursday, May 19, 2011

For the Love of Yo-Yo's

Posted by Head Fly at 5:56 AM

I have always loved yo-yo's and no, I'm not talking about the kind you probably played with as a child, I'm talking about fabric yo-yo's.  These fabric embellishments have been around for forever and they have such a lovely vintage, nostalgic quality about them.  They used to be used on quilts, aprons and dresses and still are today.  Add a yo-yo to any of your sewing projects and it will instantly have a vintage charm about it.




At the beginning of April I attended a very large local flea market in our area that is held once a month.  This is one of my favorite places to hunt for treasure.  You can find anything your heart desires here - vintage fabric and linens, antique furniture, salvaged wood, old buttons, crates, vintage jars and the list goes on and on.  It seriously is one of my favorite weekend outings!

During my last trip to the flea market I came across this huge glass container of old fabric yo-yo's.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  If you know much about yo-yo's, you know that they can be a little time consuming to make and this jar contained over 100!  It was a yo-yo lover's dream come true.




These yo-yo's were some of my favorites in the jar.  I have so many ideas for projects and creations that could be made from these beauties.......oh, the possibilies.

So, does anyone else share the yo-yo love?  Or is it just a strange addiction all to my own?

What would you make if you came across a huge jar of yo-yo's?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review