Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Cottage Home Little Girls Sew Along

Posted by Head Fly at 3:36 PM
So I've been wanting to do a "sew along" here on the blog for some time and have finally decided that it is time.  Our wonderful blog sponsor, Terri from Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops, is going to be sponsoring this sew along for us.  I was originally going to pick a pattern myself from her fabulous selection of little girls sewing patterns, but I decided I would let you all make the final decision.

I've narrowed it down to six patterns that I thought you all would enjoy sewing for your little ladies.  Surprisingly, I have never sewn from patterns from any of these companies, so I'm just as excited as you are to give one of these a try. 

Below are the six patterns to choose from (voting is in the left side bar of the blog).  Once the winning pattern is selected, Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops will make sure to order plenty of this pattern for all of us to participate.  You can order the pattern through Terri's shop and we will go from there.

Pattern #1: Oliver + S - Class Picnic Blouse and Shorts (Size 6m - 12 years)



Pattern #2:  Oliver + S - Seashore Sundress (Size 6m - 12 years)


Pattern #3: Pink Fig - Vintage Jane Peasant Top and Dress (Size 2T - 10 years)


Pattern #4: ZoZo Bug Baby - Maliya Dress (size 12m - 8/10 years)




Pattern #6: Favorite Things - Little Bow Beep Dress (size 1 - 14 years)


So those are the six pattern choices and I would be happy to sew any of those!  I will be doing a series of blog posts and we will talk about things such as how to use a paper pattern, selecting fabrics, and many other tips and tricks along the way.  Basically we will be sewing this pattern "along" with each other.  Also, you all can feel free to ask me any questions you might have as well.  If you are new to sewing this is a great opportunity to learn how to use patterns and if you are a veteran sewer this will just be great fun.  I love using sewing patterns and I think you will too!  

If you think you might be interested in participating in this sew along with us, please leave a comment below so that Fairytale Frocks & Lollipops knows about how many patterns she will need to order once the winning one is selected.  

So, are you excited?  Hmmm......wonder which pattern you all will choose?  Can't wait to see!

**The voting is in the left side-bar of the blog, underneath my picture and "welcome" blurb.  Voting in the comments will not be counted, so please make sure you vote in the poll on the side-bar of the blog. Thanks so much!**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review