Friday, January 7, 2011

Living Room, Tackling Art

Posted by Head Fly at 7:23 AM

With the bookcases complete in the Living Room, I now am itching to start filling in the other gaps. One thing this room is lacking is art.  We are not in a position to buy art like I've profiled on our blog - and won't any time soon, so to leave this wall blank would be so sad. I'm determined to make some art for this room. But how to display it will impact what I do. It's backwards I know. Normally you find art and then find a frame --- but in this case, I'm figuring out the framing and working on what to fill the frames with.

I used as a sample of piece of art I created as I love the colours, and the gold frame. Here is Aubrey helping me out...I did the photos actually more for me (not necessarily for the blog post) because I can sit and study them and see what I prefer. So if you're doing the same thing, I highly recommend taking photos as it will help....



or do we do one BIG piece of art?

My concern is that creating something this large would require me to hire out to have it made. And even with my business and trade accounts for printing, I'm looking at a huge investment. So I feel more comfortable with spending more on little frames and creating a grid. Plus, creating the art inside the frames is something I can print at home. But then this morning I pulled out of storage one of the Ikea HUGE frames to see if it would work.



Nope. This doesn't work.  I feel as though the frame is too small.  So back to the idea of the grid. :) But before I do the art, I do think I need to address a console table so I can determine he width of the frame block. Thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review