Monday, July 11, 2011

From Grandma with Love........Cherry Picnic Dresses

Posted by Head Fly at 4:30 AM

I mentioned in my last "From Grandma with Love" post that Grandma Jane had made these adorable Cherry Picnic Dresses for the girls.  So here they are -   I absolutely love them and they fit perfectly!



I just love coordinating sister looks where they are matching, but not exactly the same.  Mom found this fabric at her local Joann Fabric store and thought it just shouted summer picnic and I couldn't agree more.



Matilda's dress is so sweet with the pleated top and the button detail across the front.  Her dress has three medium sized buttons in the back and has the plaid accent at the bottom.  I've been kind of into the square neck-line lately and I think the pleated top just makes the dress!



Miss Savannah's dress couldn't have been designed more perfectly for her.  She is really into collecting things and sticking them in her pockets (you should have seen the mound of rocks she had in her shorts the other day).  These pockets are nice and large and are set at just the right height for her little hands.  I also love that Savannah's dress has encased elastic in the back which makes for a very comfortable fit.  And my favorite detail of this dress is the piping that has been added in around the bodice edge......mom knows I love that piping!



What's even more fun right now, is that the girls love to be matching.  I know this is not going to last long, so I'm taking full advantage of it for right now.  But with them only being 16-months apart they pretty much have the same taste in clothing and both love wearing dresses!

Thanks Grandma Jane, handmade gifts are the best!  
We love all the pretty things you've been making and sending for the girls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review