Saturday, July 9, 2011

my bouquet du jour

Posted by Head Fly at 1:53 AM

Greenery in a bouquet is vital for adding bulk and serving as a backdrop to the colour of the flowers.  Here I wanted a very quick bouquet on the terrace, didn't have time to scout around the garden looking for interesting foliage, turned around towards our enormous lime tree and   Bingo!

The lime tree 'flowers' at this time of year to the delight of the garden bees.  The pale flower or seed heads actually hang beneath the leaves on the tree, but for the arrangement I turned them the other way up, added some tiny apples, and my irreplaceable Pierre de Ronsard rose.  I liked the effect with the bottle of rosé wine, soft and summery!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review