Friday, July 29, 2011

{ Guest Post - Meg Little Blue Prints }

Posted by Head Fly at 3:38 AM
Today I'm hosting my first guest poster ever!
If you don't know Meg, from Little Blue Prints,
you're gonna want to run right over there.
Meg has the best fabric, vintage paper, burlap,...
ideas, so be ready to sit for a while.
Her guest room is what inspired my guest room.
And, I'm dying to make a lamp shade like hers.
Today she's sharing here
at The Painted Home.
E N J O Y
thanks Meg! 

Hi everyone! I was so excited that Denise thought of me to do a guest post for her. I feel honored to be here today to share some of my projects I've done, especially since I love all of Denise's work. My favorite is her recent book page project, I'm a sucker for old book pages! My name is Meg and I'm the designer and author of Little Blue Prints.

I'm a stay at home mom to 3 little boys, married to my high school sweet heart, and a wanna be designer. I have an etsy shop where I create and sell vintage inspired one of a kind pieces. Little Blue Prints is where I share my design adventures and all the projects I take on, whether my family thinks I'm nuts or not.

Today I thought I would share a confession with you. My name is Meg and I'm addicted to fabric! There I said it, it's out in the open... it's sick really the obsession I have with pretty fabrics. I tend to buy any I see and love without having a plan for it at the time of purchase. I tell myself I NEED this and that fabric because in the future I just may decorate a room in those colors or style. It has led me to having an embarrassing pile of fabric stacked high, it may or may not be folded nicely. Since I love fabric for it's patterns and texture you can add to a room, I thought I would show you some of the ways I use fabric.

I use fabrics for slipcovers...

{see full post here}

{see full post here}

I use them to create pins you can wear in your hair or attach to your purse or top...



{to purchase one click here}

I use fabric to create one of a kind pillows...



{see full post here}

{go here to find your own one of a kind pillow}

I even use fabric to create a new look for lampshades...

{see full post here}

My most recent project involved making some art work for my mom's 2nd guest room...


{see full post here}

The use of fabric is endless. You can use it to bring in color, texture, and add layers in a room. How do you use fabric in your own home?

Thank you so much Denise for inviting me over today. I hope you all will stop by and look around at Little Blue Prints, feel free to stay however long you'd like.

~Meg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review