Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Love The One You're With- Everything LEB

Posted by Head Fly at 5:03 AM
I am so happy to introduce my next guest blogger, Lindsay from....
Not only do I love reading her blog but I also get to call her a friend!

I'm so excited to participate in Marianne's "Love the One You're With" series! Although, I have to admit when putting together this post I realized that my apartment has changed so many times over the last 3 years it was hard to pick a space that I've loved for longer than, say....6 months. Call it design ADD.

Anyways, I thought I would post about my bedroom which is ever changing and hasn't been the same for longer than 6 months, but I still love it. I love my sleep, I could sleep for days, so my bedroom is a special place.
I'll start with the bad. This photo is from when we first moved into the apartment. It was a mix of furniture and bedding just thrown together.

That Pottery Barn duvet cover had to go- its not horrible but it was time for a change

I then went into a major green green kick and was dying for an upholstered headboard. It was not in the budget so I took one of those college days egg crate (remember those??) folded it over the top of the wood headboard and made a green slipcover. It worked perfectly.
The yellow shame came from Homegoods- one of those impulse purchses. And the monogram pillows I made with some fabric paint.

I lived with the green headboard for about 6 months and then Shumachers Chaing Mai Dragon fabric came into my life. The green would just not do, so the headboard went to navy. Lets face it, since I change my mind so often I realized that a whole headboard out of the pricey Schmaucher fabric wouldnt be wise. So, I went with a pillow to satisify my craving.
Last but not least (I'm actually in the works of changing the headboard again) I embraced color in my life and the lamp got an upgrade, as well as a few other colorful things on my nightstand.
So while my bedroom is ever changing, it is the one space in my apartment that I love over and over again.

Thanks Marianne for asking me to participate in such a fun series, it really got me thinking about the next direction for my bedroom :)

Thanks again Lindsay! I love all the changes, it keeps things interesting!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

home appliances Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review